Monster Day Greeley • August 17, 2019 • 11am-8pm • Downtown Greeley
Kick off the weekend on FRIDAY, August 16, with a Monster Day Mash-Up at Friday Fest with Peter, Paul, and (Scary) Gary! (Free music, Go-Cup, and all kind of entertainment on the 8th and 9th St. Plazas.)
Here’s a taste of some of what you’ll be able to enjoy at Monster Day on SATURDAY August 17,2019:
- A chance to see Greeley’s famous monster makers from Distortions Unlimited
- Tons of photo-ops with Distortions’ creatures
- Demonstrations from Makeup & Creative Arts LLC and other professional makeup specialists
- 40+ Costumed Monsters roaming the grounds from Terror in the Corn and City of the Dead
- Face painting from Merry Makers
- Performance from George Grey as “Alien Elvis”
- A costume contest at 6:30 p.m. (sign up between 5-6 p.m.)
- A FREE showing of Monster Squad at the Kress Cinema and Lounge (4 p.m.)
- Dance performances
- Presentations from Don’t Be A Monster
- Demos from Allen Hopps with Stiltbeast Studios and Dark Horror Haunted House
- Food trucks
- Speed mask painting by Ed Edmunds
- An old fashioned sculpting duel on stage
- Appearances by the Mountain Muppets of Colorado
- Fire spinners
- Pimped out Hearses
- Monster Puppet Show
- Monster Fishing for vintage Distortions’ masks ($)
- And much, much more!
Other Monstrous Fun happening on Saturday, August 17:
- A Monster Skate on the Synthetic Ice in front of the Ice Haus, 2-4 p.m.
- Monster Shakes at Aunt Helen’s Coffee House, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Join the Gremlin for craft-making at the Colorado Model Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
And remember that this day is not just about having monstrous fun, proceeds go to the wonderful anti-bullying nonprofit organization “Don’t Be A Monster ”, which has reached over 320,000 students with their anti-bullying message.